Focus is on hot yoga science and techniques to better understand the sequenced postures. Learn the science to cultivate your practice as a tool to feel great in your own body. Class/Lecture is done at low heat but come prepared to sweat!
In this 3-hour workshop we perform one set of each of the 26 postures & 2 breathing exercises with tutorials that utilize the work of the world’s top Bikram Yoga researchers, including: Zoe L. Hewett, Dr. Brian Tracy, Dr. Stacy Hunter and others.
WE FOCUS ON:
- Proper respiration
- Leg strength
- Endothelial improvement from the Bikram heart study
- Components of sweat
- Cardiovascular effects of heat training
- Caloric & metabolic expenditures
- The effects of the series on the autonomic nervous system
- The original Jibananda sequence
- Proper posture cycling
- Yoga’s effect on beneficial neurotransmitters
- Nobel prize winning work on age reducing enzymes